OK... I'm not going to go into a long drawn out explanation of what has gone on over the last week. Short version... had another cancer scare a couple months ago... decided to do something about it instead of waiting for the inevitable! This wasn't an easy decision... but I can already tell that it was a great one and should have done it sooner.
So... I had surgery and the DR told Ken that I shouldn't do anything for at least 2 weeks! AUGH... why did he tell him??? Seriously... he's a Drill Sgt. and any time I get up I have to report what I'm doing!! I never thought that going to the restroom would be considered a "Jail Break!" Oh well, I still love him and he has done a fantastic job taking care of our home, the kids and feeding us all well!
Mr. Mean in action!!
Yes, this card requires some explanation. I got a care package in the mail from my sister Susan with a card that said, "Don't Open Unless You Can Take A Joke!"The Rest explains itself. (I laughed so hard it hurt my stitches!)

My father came the night before surgery to help with the kids and did an awesome job! He ran the kids to and from school, art lessons, the aquarium, shopping and much more! They loved every minute of their time with Papa and Josh came home from the airport after dropping him off on Saturday in tears because he didn't want him to leave. I know how he feels. I really have a hard time when my family leaves after visiting. We really miss you dad... but thank you for helping to take care of our family so well!
I am grateful for: A wonderful family both my immediate family and extended family. I am grateful for a husband who really cares about my welfare and knows me good enough to know that if he didn't take the week off I wouldn't be behaving!! I am grateful for kids that are so fun to be around and I love every moment I have with them... even the fighting. I am grateful for my sister who listens to all my emotions and knows how to make me giggle. I am grateful for a father who is always a dad to his little girl no matter how old I get.

My father came the night before surgery to help with the kids and did an awesome job! He ran the kids to and from school, art lessons, the aquarium, shopping and much more! They loved every minute of their time with Papa and Josh came home from the airport after dropping him off on Saturday in tears because he didn't want him to leave. I know how he feels. I really have a hard time when my family leaves after visiting. We really miss you dad... but thank you for helping to take care of our family so well!


5 comments:
I forgot to add on my card: "hope Snowball doesn't use your uterus as a chew-toy!" Maybe you won't want it back after all!
OXOXOXOXOXO
Merry Christmas!
THAT'S Disguisting!!! YUK
XOXOX
Hey Sweetie - I am humbled that you enjoy my being around - and more yet, that one of my daughters still thinks I'm OK - It was a privilege to be with you and make sure Ken was the "Drill Sergeant" for a change :)! It was a joy for me to be with Jesi and Josh as well and to have a few moments with them and try to spoil them just a little. I Love You - Dad
Hope you're healing well from your surgery - take it easy & love 'ya!
~Debbie Freitas : )
Debi! I just want you to know that your blog is so inspiring! I hope you're feeling better! You're such a great example!
Post a Comment