Tuesday, November 25, 2008

TEENAGER IN THE HOUSE!
Jessica is now officially a teenager! Auuughhhh! She is definitely working hard at making sure we all know that she is a teenager :) This year we asked and asked what she wanted to do for her birthday and she wouldn't give us any suggestions. She ended up going to the movies on Friday with some friends and had them sleep over. So, we had to choose another night to take her out to dinner and give her gifts... followed by her birthday cake at home later.

I can't believe how fast the years are going now. She reminds us frequently that we only have 4 more summers before she graduates from high school. It actually makes me kind of sad because that is my favorite part of summer is having my kids around all day. I am glad though that she dreams of plans for her future and wants to be independent... hopefully she can be patient (me too)! She is having a great year at school and has some really good friends... one of them she is conspiring with to go to college in England.... we'll see about that! We are so proud of all that she has accomplished this year... she's gotten great grades, made lots of new friends, helps me around the house and is becoming a great painter (she's been taking lessons).






I am grateful for: My little girl... she would argue this but I still see that little bouncy toddler in her and every time she gives her little "cheese" like in the picture above I see my little Jesi! I am grateful for a daughter who is such a good example to me and makes really good choices. I am grateful for her perseverance and how she toughs a lot of things out that I don't know if I could. I love her so much!

No comments: