I took this picture of the view from our new neighborhood last weekend when we were up in Monterey... yes Monterey, CA. I was reading my old post and my bio where it said that we hoped to root ourselves for awhile... well, we aren't leaving California and we are just going 4 1/2 hours north.Ken was told back in March that they were restructuring his department and that his job would be eliminated after June. When he told me about this change I had a very peaceful, calm, almost joyful feeling come over me (it felt like my spirit was jumping inside me!). I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, I thought I must be getting ready to lose it, I should be devistated! How could I feel joy with such troubling news. We quickly launched a job search and Ken talked with several companies across the nation. That feeling of joy faded out after a couple days and of course, I did stress a little bit but when I allowed the Lord too, he would send peace to my heart.
Shortly, Ken talked with a division of his current company and they offered him a position up in Monterey, CA. We were not too sure about this so we decided to take a road trip up there last weekend with the kids to see if this would be a good fit for all of us!
We looked at several homes on Saturday starting with a townhome on Saturday morning. When we got to the neighborhood, Ken asked me what I was doing? He told me that he wasn't interested in living in a townhome/condo neighborhood, so I told him I just thought we'd look at everything that was the right size for our family. He entertained my notion and since we were there early, we explored the neighborhood and found that it is on 17 mile drive (for those of you who are familiar with the area). It was surrounded by forest and had an amazing view of Pebble Beach from the neighborhood. The kids were very excited because it had a swimming pool.. something we have greatly missed since Yuma.
We proceeded to look at the other homes that we had lined up for Saturday and even though they were bigger and weren't a townhome we couldn't stop thinking about the first home we visited that morning. So, as you may guess we went with the townhome! As soon as we made this decision I was filled with great peace and joy... it was the same exact feeling that I had when Ken told me his job being eliminated. It is my belief that this is how the Lord is teaching me to recognize the Holy Ghost.
I have had great joy since our trip last weekend up to Monterey and a peace that is very sustaining. My children are soooo excited and I was sooo worried about moving them for the 3rd time in 3 years. What an amazing gift the Lord is giving to our family, we are now making a full circle back to Monterey County where we have friends and so many wonderful memories!
We have room for guest and we hope to see as many of you as will come!!
Here are some fun pictures from our trip up to Monterey-
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Oh my, look how Jessica and Joshua have grown! We took the bottom picture when Jessica was 5 and Josh was 1 1/2 years old!

The Long Road HOME!
I really wanted to take HWY 1 home to Camarillo, so I drove because I get car sick and it is really curvy! We stopped along the way to see the sights and take some pictures.SEAL Beach in San Simeon, CA
I am grateful for: The peace and joy that the Lord sends us in our times of need.









2 comments:
First off -18 candles on a cake is NOT that many! ;)
I can't believe you are moving again! And I'm a little bummed that you aren't moving to Houston, but happy that you guys will be happy with the new place!
ANd of course I love the before/after picture in the clam at Monterey! My how kids grow, huh?
Hope all is well! We miss you guys!
The bonus is that you get to stay in California. I would kill to live there. Good luck.
Post a Comment